Lifestyle

Dubai allow schools to raise fees after freezing last year

Shutterstock/Sophie James

  • share this article

The new fee structure is expected to be effective for the 2019-2020 academic year.

Tuesday 26, March 2019

(Bloomberg) --Dubai will allow most schools to raise fees in the next academic year after freezing them last year.

The Dubai Executive Council capped the fee increase at 2.07 per cent for about 90 per cent of students at private schools. Fees for the remaining 10 per cent of students will rise above that limit, depending on their school’s performance.

Dubai, the Middle East business hub froze school fees last year as part of measures aimed at curbing rising costs.

Dubai-based GEMS Education, the Blackstone Group backed school operator, delayed an initial public offering (IPO) after the government said it would freeze fees.

 

TAGS : GEMS Education , Blackstone Group, Dubai Executive Council, IPO

print this article